Support Center Team Lead
Residential Sales Consultant
Service Technician III, Commercial
HVAC Service Technician
Join Our Talent Network
Sign up to receive notifications of new jobs and other information.
Follow Us On LinkedIn
Service Technician (Res/Light Comm)
Reports To: Operations Manager or General Manager
Status: Full-time, Regular position
Location Name: Peachtree (West)
Address: 1000 Cobb International Blvd. Ste H Kennesaw, GA 30144
Join the team of experts and realize your true potential!
Why You Should Join the Service Experts Team?
Our team consists of the very best; we believe in doing what is right for our customers and our employees. We provide our employees with the training, support and an opportunity for unlimited professional growth. Join us and become an EXPERT!
Under minimal supervision, performs diagnostic and service work on residential and/or light commercial HVAC equipment and accessories. Communicates with customer to answer questions, resolves problems, and ensures complete customer satisfaction. Promotes products and services to customer. Works under the direction of the Field Supervisor or General Manager.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves customer problems in a courteous, professional, timely, and accurate manner
- Diagnoses and performs services on heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment as well as accessories in an accurate and timely manner
- Inspects equipment and performs diagnostics on equipment to identify potential problems to prevent premature and unexpected breakdowns or callbacks
- Completes routine maintenance and equipment cleaning as needed or required
- Responsible for delivery and removal of parts and equipment needed to complete service work
- Using hand-held device records all required information on customer call. Completes all forms and paperwork in a neat, timely, complete, and accurate manner. Collects payment from customer.
- Communicates with dispatch, while on duty, to ensure dispatcher has an accurate status report of activities and availability
- Responsible for delivery of excellent customer service and sustaining high levels of customer satisfaction
- Promotes products and services to the customer. Calls Sales and Service Coordinator with specifics on replacement product sales leads generated from customer service visit.
- High school diploma or GED with additional training and 2 to 5 years’ experience in HVAC with technical training certification required
- Must possess all valid licensing or certification as required by federal, state, provincial, or local governmental laws or regulations for the geographical work area
- EPA and safety certifications required
- Skilled at servicing heating, air conditioning, and ventilation equipment as well as related accessories
- Proficient mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Proficient and able to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform various service projects
- Proficient at reading wiring diagrams and troubleshooting problems with electrical, refrigerant and duct systems on HVAC equipment
- Proficient and able to properly start up and balance airflow and to properly align belts and pulleys on all systems with little to no supervision
- Proficient and able to install a basic duct fitting
- Proficient at troubleshooting and repairing electronic air cleaners, refrigeration systems, hot water systems, steam boiler systems, humidifiers, and related equipment with little to no supervision
- Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns
- Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Available to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed
- Ability to stand and walk and to climb ladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces to access HVAC units. Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, including but not limited to the following: hot, cold, outdoor, indoor, dry, humid, slippery surfaces, heights, and congested areas
- Ability to safely climb 300lb load capacity rated ladders with a 30lb tool belt
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds
What Do We Offer You as a Service Experts Employee?
Service Experts offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to support employees and their families in managing their health and wellness needs. Following is a summary of the many benefits that could be available to you as a Service Experts valued employee.
- Competitive Pay, including incentive opportunities for many positions
- Paid Time Off and Company Holiday Pay
- Medical /Dental /Vision Insurance programs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company matching contributions
- Life Insurance, for you and options you can elect for your family
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance options, that protects you and your family if you are unable to work
- Supplemental benefit programs such as: Legal advice, pet insurance, health advocacy programs
- World Class Training opportunities through our Experts University
- Career Development opportunities