Sr. Learning Experience Manager
Residential Sales Consultant
Join Our Talent Network
Sign up to receive notifications of new jobs and other information.
Follow Us On LinkedIn
Reports To: Field Supervisor or General Manager
Status: Full-time, Regular position
Location Name: Chief Bauer
Location Address: 520 Hickory Street, Champaign, IL 61820
Join the team of experts and realize your true potential!
Why You Should Join the Service Experts Team?
Our team consists of the very best; we believe in doing what is right for our customers and our employees. We provide our employees with the training, support and an opportunity for unlimited professional growth. Join us and become an EXPERT!
Responsible for the complete and satisfactory installation of residential and/or light commercial HVAC equipment and accessories. Communicates with customer to answer questions, resolves problems, and ensures complete customer satisfaction. Promotes products and services to customer. Trains other installers, performs install work on more difficult situations, and assists the Field Supervisor or General Manager on work audits, site supervision, and work planning.
- Works under the direction of the Field Supervisor or General Manager to install HVAC equipment and accessories in the customer’s home
- Installs heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and refrigeration equipment, as well as accessories, in accordance with company requirements and manufacture specifications. As needed, performs limited diagnostics.
- Designs, fabricates, and installs various ducts and duct fittings as required
- Performs start-ups on air conditioning and heating systems and other components
- Delivers excellent customer service and sustaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Promotes products and services to the customer. Calls Sales and Service Coordinator with specifics on replacement product sales leads generated from customer service visit.
- Responsible for delivery and removal of equipment needed to complete the installation work
- Ensures company property, vehicles, and tools are being properly used, maintained, and accounted for
- Completes all paperwork in a neat, accurate, thorough, and timely manner. Collects payment from customer
- Represents the company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all business matters and concerns
- Responsible for keeping installation vehicle clean and neat both inside and outside in keeping with the company’s professional image
- Follows standard procedures and process, ensures that the company vehicle is properly stocked, returns defective warranty parts to branch, and orders/replenishes vehicle stock as needed. May be responsible for completing material requisition forms and related administrative activities.
- Assists the Field Supervisor or General Manager with site supervision, planning, and estimating
- Assists the Field Supervisor or General Manager with completing quality audits on selected installations to ensure superior performance, quality, and customer satisfaction
- Trains other installers in technical skills and company procedures, as assigned
- Performs similar/other duties as needed or assigned
- High school diploma or GED with additional training and 5 plus years’ experience in HVAC technical training certification required
- Must possess all valid licensing or certification as required by federal, state, provincial, or local governmental laws or regulations for the geographical work area
- EPA and safety certifications required
- Proficient in the fundamentals of the operational functionality of heating, air conditioning, and ventilation equipment as well as related accessories
- Advanced skills at installing heating, air conditioning, and ventilation equipment as well as related accessories
- Proficient in the layout and installation requirements of duct work and duct fittings
- Advanced mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Proficient and able to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform various install projects
- Advanced skills at reading wiring diagrams and troubleshooting problems with electrical, refrigerant and duct systems on HVAC equipment
- Proficient and able to properly start up and balance airflow and to properly align belts and pulleys on all systems with little to no supervision
- Advanced skills installing electronic air cleaners, refrigeration systems, hot water systems, steam boiler systems, humidifiers, and related equipment with little to no supervision
- Ability to calculate heat gain and loss on buildings using approved methods
- Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns
- Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Available to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed
- Ability to stand and walk and to climb ladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces to access HVAC units. Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, including but not limited to the following: hot, cold, outdoor, indoor, dry, humid, slippery surfaces, heights, and congested areas
- Ability to safely climb 300lb load capacity rated ladders with a 30lb tool belt
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds
What Do We Offer You as a Service Experts Employee?
Service Experts offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to support employees and their families in managing their health and wellness needs. Following is a summary of the many benefits that could be available to you as a Service Experts valued employee.
- Competitive Pay, including incentive opportunities for many positions
- Paid Time Off and Company Holiday Pay
- Medical /Dental /Vision Insurance programs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company matching contributions
- Life Insurance, for you and options you can elect for your family
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance options, that protects you and your family if you are unable to work
- Supplemental benefit programs such as: Legal advice, pet insurance, health advocacy programs
- World Class Training opportunities through our Experts University
- Career Development opportunities
Service Experts is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.