Account Manager, Commercial
Join Our Talent Network
Sign up to receive notifications of new jobs and other information.
Follow Us On LinkedIn
Manages production of installers and helpers who are installing, maintaining, and servicing residential HVAC equipment and accessories. Oversees daily work and ensures adequate staffing to meet customer needs, assists technicians with unusual or difficult assignments, trains and coaches employees, ensures that safety rules and practices are followed, and conducts quality-control checks on completed work. As needed due to staffing and customer needs, performs service, maintenance, and installation work. Work is performed under the direction of the Branch Manager.
- Work directly with RSC’s and Managers to schedule and communicate install availability
- Manage the production schedule- monitor upcoming work to be performed in order to schedule and assign technicians and/or crews to maximize productivity and to meet the needs of the customer
- Create job folders to be sure warehouse supervisor and technicians are prepared for upcoming installs
- Process Job folders after install completion- Line item all PO’s, enter all equipment serial numbers into Stars, ensure accurate Job Pay Worksheets and Warehouse pull sheets, verify completion of all on-site paperwork and customer signatures
- Collect, correct and submit timesheets; Timestamp all tickets in Stars
- Verify all jobs have had permits pulled and file all permits accordingly
- Work with 3rd party vendors and coordinate with customers to ensure any damages incurred during install are handled to the customers satisfaction
- Track technician performance- Monitor for areas of improvement and reward technicians for going above and beyond
- Be available by phone during evening and weekends to ensure all install operations are running smoothly and weekend sales get scheduled as needed
- Monitor shipping/ receiving and perform monthly inventory of equipment and parts to ensure accuracy of department budgets
- Participate in new hire interviews to ensure proper staffing
- Conducts regular meetings with technicians and helpers on such matters as reviewing past performance and areas of concern; conducting training on lead generation; customer service, and company products and services; reinforcing safety rules and practices, and current and future goals and objectives
- Conducts quality-control review of assessments of completed work performed to ensure work is performed in accordance with company practices and processes, expected workmanship, and efficiency and effectiveness
- Trains employees on company processes and procedures, and safety rules and practices
- Responsible for delivery of excellent customer service and sustaining high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ensures company property, vehicles, and tools are being used, maintained and properly accounted for
- Represent the company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all business matters and activities
- Ensures that the company vehicles are properly stocked, that defective warranty parts are returned to the Branch and that vehicle standard stock is ordered/replenished as needed. As needed, completes material requisition forms and other related administrative activities
- Demonstrates leadership to the field staff in the areas of customer focus and customer service; following company policies, procedures, and safety guidelines
- Reviews and monitor upcoming work to be performed in order to schedule and assign technicians and/or crews to maximize productivity and to meet the needs of the customer.
- Conducts regular meetings with installers and helpers on such matters as reviewing past performance and areas of concern; conducting training on lead generation; customer service, and company products and services; reinforcing safety rules and practices, and current and future goals and objectives.
- Serves as a resource to the sales staff on technical issues regarding products and services.
- Assists the Branch Manager with administrative tasks and other duties as needed or assigned.
- As needed to meet customer needs, performs service, maintenance, and installation work.
- Performs similar/other duties as needed or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED with additional training in HVAC with NATE certification preferred.
- Five years experience servicing or installing residential heating, air conditioning, and ventilation equipment.
- Must possess all valid licensing or certification as required by federal, state, provincial, or local governmental laws or regulations for the geographical work area.
- Demonstrated basic leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to train others in technical skills and effective customer service.
- Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns.
- Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills.
- Advanced skills in servicing residential heating, air conditioning, and ventilation equipment as well as related accessories.
- Proficient mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment.
- Proficient and able to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform various service projects.
- Proficient at reading wiring diagrams and blueprints as well as troubleshoot problems with electrical, refrigerant, and duct systems on residential HVAC equipment.
- Proficient and able to properly start up and balance airflow and to properly align belts and pulleys on all residential systems with no supervision.
- Proficient and able to install a basic duct fitting.
- Advance skills in troubleshooting and repairing electronic air cleaners, refrigeration systems, hot water systems, steam boiler systems, humidifiers, and related equipment with no supervision.
- Ability to calculate heat gain and loss on residential buildings using approved methods.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Available to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed.
- Ability to stand and walk and to climb ladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces to access HVAC units. Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.