Advantage Team Program Specialist
HVAC Service Manager
Residential Sales Consultant
Service Technician (Res/Light Comm)
Join Our Talent Network
Sign up to receive notifications of new jobs and other information.
Follow Us On LinkedIn
HVAC Service Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Status: Full-time, Regular position
Location Name: Knochelman
Location Address: 11935 Tramway Dr C, Sharonville, OH 45241
Join the team of experts and realize your true potential!
Why You Should Join the Service Experts Team?
Our team consists of the very best; we believe in doing what is right for our customers and our employees. We provide our employees with the training, support and an opportunity for unlimited professional growth. Join us and become an EXPERT!
As Service Manager, you will troubleshoot and resolve technical HVAC questions regarding service repairs; analyze trends of spends and makes recommendations to clients to optimize their repair and maintenance spend, and maximize uptime for equipment; processes quotes from service providers to customers.
- The HVAC Service Manager directs daily operations of the HVAC Service Department by successfully performing the following tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- Schedules, directs and provides technical support for technicians to meet service demands and customers’ expectations
- Recruits, interviews, hires and trains service and maintenance HVAC technicians as required meeting workload demands, and company or customer expectations and requirements
- Supervises and directs the technicians to effectively perform the functions of HVAC repair, replacement, installation and other duties as required to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Reviews technician’s work to ensure quality meets established standards, techniques and safety requirements; makes recommendations as requirements to improve quality and productivity
- Responsible for HVAC technician’s performance appraisals, reviews and for setting improvement goals per company requirements
- Establishes and maintains a regular training program to ensure that technicians and maintenance technicians are properly trained on latest service techniques and safety procedures for equipment and general working conditions
- Conducts group and one-on-one meetings with technicians as required for training, evaluation and general communication; participates and/or conducts regularly scheduled departmental safety/informational meetings
- Communicates regularly with dispatch to ensure that personnel are being scheduled properly by skill level, efficiency and training requirements
- Communicates daily with dispatch reporting on project information, estimated time to complete jobs, labor hours and parts or material used
- Maintains communication with vendors and factory personnel concerning warranty issues, product recall notices, operational problems with products, premature failures and other issues as they apply to products and equipment sold and serviced by the HVAC Department
- Develops and monitors budgets, goals and objectives to insure departmental profitability
- Reviews work orders, invoices and time reports for accuracy, and to ensure timely cash flow and maintain minimal account receivables
- Specifies and makes sure that required parts are ordered in timely fashion to ensure work deadlines are met
- Ensures that all company/department policies are being followed by all HVAC staff
- Oversees assigned service vehicles, monitors vehicles to ensure they are being maintained and operated as required and used according to company policy
- Monitors service vehicles to ensure they are in an acceptable condition to allow HVAC technicians to efficiently work out of the vehicle, and that an adequate inventory of parts and material are maintained
- Keeps current with latest training on current products, coordinates training and maintains training records to ensure personnel maintain proficiency in preventive maintenance, start-up, trouble-shooting, and repair of supported equipment
- Generate sales leads; and promotes and develops maintenance/service agreements; estimates and generates bids for contract projects/work
- Manages larger installation, start-up and commissioning projects; coordinates and directs a team of plumbers and/or installing contractors; performs prestart-up inspections and completes turnover of equipment to owner
- Work with other departmental managers to meet company and departmental goals and objectives
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and to instruct others.
- Industry specific knowledge of various components associated with HVAC service field.
- Minimum of 5 years proven field experience in commercial HVAC
- Minimum of 5 years as an HVAC service manager or adequate field supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of the techniques, methods, tools, & safety precautions of the HVAC trade.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; able to maintain and protect confidential information.
- Must be proficient with computers – including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must communicate effectively verbally and in writing with customers and service technicians.
What Do We Offer You as a Service Experts Employee?
Service Experts offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to support employees and their families in managing their health and wellness needs. Following is a summary of the many benefits that could be available to you as a Service Experts valued employee.
- Competitive Pay, including incentive opportunities for many positions
- Paid Time Off and Company Holiday Pay
- Medical /Dental /Vision Insurance programs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company matching contributions
- Life Insurance, for you and options you can elect for your family
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance options, that protects you and your family if you are unable to work
- Supplemental benefit programs such as: Legal advice, pet insurance, health advocacy programs
- World Class Training opportunities through our Experts University
- Career Development opportunities
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.