HVAC & IAQ Product Manager
Service Manager (EENA)
Residential Sales Consultant
Join Our Talent Network
Sign up to receive notifications of new jobs and other information.
Follow Us On LinkedIn
Position Title: Electrician
Reports To: Operations Manager or General Manager
Status: Full-time, Regular position
Location Name: BW Cook Service Experts
Address: 1835 Leer Drive Elkhart, IN 46514
**We are looking for an Indiana and/or Michigan Licensed Electrician**
Join the team of experts and realize your true potential!
Why You Should Join the Service Experts Team?
Our team consists of the very best; we believe in doing what is right for our customers and our employees. We provide our employees with the training, support and an opportunity for unlimited professional growth. Join us and become an EXPERT!
Under minimum supervision, performs diagnostic, service, and installation electrical work in residential customer’s home. Installs, maintains, and repairs electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensures that work is performed in accordance with relevant codes. Communicates with residential customer to answer questions, resolve problems, and ensure complete customer satisfaction. Promotes products and services to customer.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves customer problems in a courteous, professional, timely, and accurate manner.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem. May provide preliminary sketches or cost estimates for materials or services
- Inspects electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure in compliance with codes.
- Tests electrical systems or continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plans layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Repairs or replaces wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools. Connects wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components. Fastens small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Places conduit, pipes, or tubing inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pulls insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Installs ground leads and connects power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Constructs and fabricates parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment, such as oscilloscopes, amp meters, or test lamps.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures.
- Maintains current electrician's license in accordance with governmental regulations.
- Ensures company property, vehicles, and tools are being used, maintained and properly accounted for.
- Following standard procedures and process, ensures that the company vehicle is properly stocked, returns defective warranty parts to branch, and orders/replenishes vehicle stock as needed.
- Represents the company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all business matters and activities.
- Performs similar/other duties as needed or assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Four years experience in electrical repair, maintenance, and installation in addition to on-the-job training.
- Current knowledge of and continuing education in national, state, and local electrical code regulations.
- Knowledge of machines and tools used in the construction or repair of houses, buildings and other structures. This knowledge includes the machine and tools design, uses, repairs, and maintenance.
- Working proficiency in basic mathematics and metric and standard measurements.
- Proficient at reading wiring diagrams and troubleshooting problems with electrical systems and equipment
- Proficient mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment.
- Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns.
- Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Available to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed.
- Ability to stand and walk and to climb ladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces. Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception. Must be able to accurately distinguish colors for proper installation.
- Hand/eye coordination
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and ability to lift and carry, including carrying up ladders, items weighing up to 50 pounds.
What Do We Offer You as a Service Experts Employee?
Service Experts offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to support employees and their families in managing their health and wellness needs. Following is a summary of the many benefits that could be available to you as a Service Experts valued employee.
- Competitive Pay, including incentive opportunities for many positions
- Paid Time Off and Company Holiday Pay
- Medical /Dental /Vision Insurance programs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company matching contributions
- Life Insurance, for you and options you can elect for your family
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance options, that protects you and your family if you are unable to work
- Supplemental benefit programs such as: Legal advice, pet insurance, health advocacy programs
- World Class Training opportunities through our Experts University
- Career Development opportunities
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.