Commercial Account Manager
The Commercial Account Manager secures and develops new Commercial HVAC service and maintenance accounts. Develops and builds relationships with specific commercial customers in order to grow the local and regional commercial customer base within assigned geographical area. Works independently to generate leads utilizing recognized effective sales techniques such as cold calling prospective customers, developing personal business networks, and responding quickly to company-provided leads.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Utilizing effective sales techniques, including networking and “cold calling,” to develop new accounts for commercial maintenance, service, retrofit, and replacement business.
• Actively manages and maintains relationships with strategic commercial customers and supports the ongoing relationships with these clients.
• Ensures that the customer receives consistent service delivery in all locations.
• Ensures that the equipment assessment is conducted; either participates in the assessment or conducts the assessment.
• Utilizing the assessment tool and other relevant systems and information, prepares the proposal for the commercial customer. Explains technical information to the customer in an easy-to-understand language.
• Utilizes proprietary software to document pertinent data on each customer’s account and analyzes data to develop prospects for additional services.
• Works cooperatively and effectively with center staff to ensure high-quality service to the customer.
• Performs similar/other duties as needed or assigned.
Health & Safety Roles & Responsibilities:
• Reports any unsafe acts, conditions and hazards to direct supervisor/manager immediately.
• Reports any contravention of legislation or company policy, procedure or program to direct supervisor/manager immediately.
• Corrects substandard acts or conditions within area of control.
• Uses and maintains appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as prescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s)
• Never removes or renders ineffective any safety guards, devices, or clothing prescribed to be in place or worn.
• Complies with the general rules as prescribed by company program(s) procedure(s)
• Operates devises or equipment as prescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s)
• Participates in any safety initiatives, teams, or committees.
• Reports all injuries or incidents as prescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s) immediately.
• Provides input on developing safety initiatives and plans to eliminate exposures that could cause accidents.
• Does not perform act that may endanger the safety or well being of others
• Does not engage in any pranks, contests, or rough boisterous behavior.
• Works in compliance with applicable legislative requirement.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience.
• Minimum of two year’s effective sales experience with emphasis on business-to-business selling, cold calling prospective customers, and generating sales from personal networking and lead generation.
• Familiar with commercial service sales concepts, practices, procedures, and processes.
• Excellent communication skills with strong relationship-management and coaching skills.
• Ability to build long-term relationships with customers.
• Ability to work cooperatively with technical, administrative, and support staff.
• Self-starter and self-motivated with a desired to learn and to grow the business.
• Proficient with computers and with Microsoft Office and Outlook; experience with contact-management software and databases.
• Effective organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Familiarity with the commercial HVAC industry is preferred.
• Ability to stand, to walk, and to climb stairs and ladders to access HVAC equipment which is often on a rooftop of the commercial building. Ability to read product data and to take measurements.
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.