At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning we believe in doing what’s right for our customers and our employees. We offer the stability of working for a national industry leader but we also treat our people like family. Our team is made up of the very best, and we provide ongoing training, support, and opportunities for unlimited professional growth.
As a member of our team you will plan, coordinate and direct the overall operations of the Branch. You will be accountable for the KPIs of the Branch, to include but not limited to:
o Labor Productivity and Efficiency
o Tech Lead Turn Rate
o Inventory / Working Capital
o Customer Satisfaction and Call Backs
o Employee Retention
o SE Standards (appearance, process, etc.)
o Operating Budget
o Others as defined by Area Manager
You will also:
• Evaluate strengths of the service and installation departments and maintain a staffing level consistent with business activity.
• Execute Area training plan making use of NATE certification to ensure quality service delivery. Track NATE and professional training certifications for all technicians.
• Plan and coordinate all service work and installation projects.
• Handle customer service complaints in a professional manner with the focus on “more than satisfied customers” in all decisions.
• Support the sales department by 1) answering technical questions and recognizing applications, and 2) supporting the Lead Coordinator in maximizing the Sales Lead Program.
• Coordinate with Area to recruit, hire and train all branch employees (techs and supervisors).
• Assist Service Technicians, Installers and other technical staff with major problems as necessary and ensure key processes are created/maintained ensuring department effectiveness and efficiency.
• Coordinate inventory management with branch supervisors (parts and equipment)
• Coordinate staging of installation jobs (with production supervisor if the center has this position)
• Maintain standards for uniforms and appearance
• Responsible to execute standard Service Experts processes and ensure all technicians following best practices and policies / procedures
• Responsible for local assets assigned to the branch (vehicles, FAST devices, computers, facility, etc.) and coordinate with AOM as appropriate
• Responsible for payroll requirements for branch employees (timesheet submittals, approvals, etc.)
• Keep a master file of technical information on all manufacturers’ equipment for reference purpose.
• Develop and maintain active roles in the local community (business networking organizations, community activity involvement, etc.).
• Provide leadership, direction and support to their team and others in the Branch.
• Deposit cash and checks in local accounts. Mail required financial records, PO’s, invoices, etc. to Area office for processing.
• Ensure work is conducted in compliance with state and local regulations and in accordance with licensing requirements.
Health & Safety Roles & Responsibilities include:
• Lead by example by coaching and supporting the health and safety program with-in branch.
• Review on an annual basis with the workers their responsibilities and measure their performance against these responsibilities on an on-going basis.
• Conduct information sessions (safety talks, staff meeting, tool box talks) as prescribed by the company program(s) or procedure(s)
• Conduct Branch safety meetings as prescribed by the company program(s) or procedure(s).
• Correct or provide the resources to correct substandard acts or conditions that you may come to light whether identified by a subordinate or personally.
• Conduct or provide resources to conduct health & safety training as prescribed by the company program(s) or procedure(s)
• Conduct health and safety observations as prescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s)
• Conduct Accident/ Incident Investigations as prescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s)
• Comply with your duties as prescribed by local legal jurisdiction.
• Ideally, possess strong people management, leadership and professional skills and experience
• Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Training and coaching skills
• Exceptional problem-solving and planning skills.
• A complete and thorough understanding of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other relevant office software.
• Demonstrate aptitude to gain knowledge of servicing & installing residential & commercial HVAC equipment and accessories.
• Ideally will possess a post-secondary degree/diploma in a business or technical field.
• Ideally will possess 3-5 years of management experience in the HVAC/Refrigeration and / or Home Services Industries.
• Demonstrated significant leadership and/or management responsibilities in previous positions.
• Good understanding and overall knowledge of the HVAC/Refrigeration industry.
• Demonstrated commitment to the delivery of customer-focused service & installations.